The Truck Show will be taking over a humble parking lot (@ 1837 W. Hubbard St.) in West Town on Saturday evening, Oct. 20. In addition to our scripted acts that reference histories of the Chicago neighborhoods and pay homage to the changing streetscape of the West Town area, this show boasts the MOST variety acts, with an exceptional display of talents.
It’s also a later show than the others–we’re taking over the night!–so a more adult-focused exhibit. Leave your kids at home and come out for a magical night under the stars (or city lights, perhaps). Bring a chair or blanket. This would make a nice date-night activity!
Guest stage-show performers:
- Tim the Mind Bender, Tim Casady, will warm up the stage pre-show
- Phaedra the Bellydancer + Quentin the Snakecharmer
- Mark Piekarz, performing the works of Antoni Jax
- Poor Elvis, Andrew Francis + Pamela Maurer
- Soultry, Chaniel Clark
- Authentic American Indian Casey Brown
- Sid Yiddish
- Laughing Eye Weeping Eye, Rebecca Schoenecker and Patrick Holbrook
And we will have sideshows and activities for audiences to participate in before the show begins.
- Man in a Bag, Nicolás Rojas
- Tarot Readings, Rebecca Schoenecker
- The Bee-Bearded Lady Photo Opp, Stacey Richey
- Plastic Crimewave Caricatures, Steve Krakow
When + Where
6pm Sideshows begin | 7pm Stage-show starts (lasts approx. 90 minutes)
October 20: West Town – in the Tablescapes Parking lot, 1837 W. Hubbard St.
(take the Grand Bus #65 to Wood St., walk South on Wood to Hubbard and then West one half block to 1837)
FREE ADMISSION! (although some sideshow activities may request a donation—Tarot Reading, Caricatures…)