The Truck Show will be landing on the Illinois Centennial Monument in Logan Square on Saturday, Oct. 6. Come see our idiosyncratic take on history, storytelling, and the vaudevillian experience. Acts will play reference to Logan Square specifically through depictions of John E. Rustman of the Jefferson Ice Company and Ignaz Schwinn, who both build mansions on our beautiful NW Boulevards.
BRING A CHAIR OR BLANKET TO SIT ON–And bring snacks: Picnic while you watch!
In addition to our scripted acts, the following guest performers will join us on the stage-show:
- Phaedra the Bellydancer + Quentin the Snakecharmer
- Mark Piekarz, performing the works of Antoni Jax
- Poor Elvis, Andrew Francis + Pamela Maurer
- Casey Brown
- Sid Yiddish
- Laughing Eye Weeping Eye, Rebecca Schoenecker and Patrick Holbrook
And we will have sideshows and activities for audiences to participate in before the show begins.
- Man in a Bag, Nicolás Rojas
- Tarot Readings, Rebecca Schoenecker
- The Bee-Bearded Lady Photo Opp, Stacey Richey
- Jo Snow will be on hand with some mini snow-cones!
- Tim the Mind Bender, Tim Casady, will warm-up the stage at 4:40pm
When + Where
4pm Sideshows | 5pm Stage-show
October 6: Logan Square – on the Illinois Centennial Monument
(Logan and Kedzie Blvds, right off the Logan Square Blue Line stop)