The Truck Show landed on the Illinois Centennial Monument in Logan Square on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012. Acts played reference to Logan Square specifically through depictions of John E. Rustman of the Jefferson Ice Company and Ignaz Schwinn, who both build mansions on our beautiful NW Boulevards.
– The Jefferson Ice Company, located in Jefferson Township (Logan Square area before annexed by the City), used to harvest ice from local ponds, store and distribute for refrigeration.
– Our main character Denim Dennis falls and gets frozen in the Humboldt Pond, often a source for Jefferson Ice.
– A skit featured Schwinn giving tips for bike safety, as Rustman advertised the many uses for manufactured ice.
– JoSnow set up a booth to give away free snow cones!
– The Race-Off skit was inspired by Mile-a-Minute Murphy, a legendary bike racer who claimed to ride faster than a steam train (he interestingly did a short stint in vaudeville, too).
Photos of the show
(all photos from Logan Square show were taken by Tanner Young)
The Logan Square program, designed by David Rodriguez: