The Truck Show’s last stop of the tour will be on Saturday, Oct. 27 at the Growing Station Community Garden in Pilsen. In addition to the usual scripted acts, and a few very talented guest performers, we have a special act that honors the Pilsen area’s long history of community activism.
Piggy-backing on the garden’s Annual Harvest Fest, we are also helping to celebrate the immediate garden community! There will be garden award nominations, activities for kids, a costume contest, and neighborhood potluck. Dress up, bundle up, bring a dish or snack to share, and a blanket/chair to sit on while you enjoy the show! This will be our sweetest show yet!
Guest stage-show performers:
- Tim the Mind Bender, Tim Casady, will warm up the stage pre-show
- Poor Elvis, Andrew Francis + Pamela Maurer
- Soultry, Chaniel Clark
- Authentic American Indian Casey Brown
- Sid Yiddish
- Laughing Eye Weeping Eye, Rebecca Schoenecker and Patrick Holbrook
And we will have sideshows and activities for audiences to participate in before the show begins.
- Man in a Bag, Nicolás Rojas
- Tarot Readings, Rebecca Schoenecker
- The Bee-Bearded Lady Photo Opp, Stacey Richey
- Proud Pigeon’s “The Coooooky Contest”, Kayce Bayer
- Garden Community Nominations, Kids Crafts, and Pot Luck
- (possibly Area Chicago’s Pilsen literature, Sam Barnett)
When + Where
October 27: Pilsen - at the Growing Station Community Garden
(945 W. 21st, between Morgan and Peoria St., take Halsted Bus #8 to 21st St., and walk West on 21st a half-block passed Peoria)
FREE ADMISSION! (some sideshow activities may request a donation—Tarot Reading, etc.)